YOU NEED A VALUABLE CRITIC




BG HERNANDEZ @ START SOMETHING EVENT













While at the START SOMETHING event last Saturday, my good friend BG Hernandez (renowned creative director and graphic designer) shared an interesting point.

He said "You need a critic." 

After hearing him say that, I realized that I perceive criticism as purely negative. (I tend to be overly positive)

But BG is right. We need someone trustworthy who will not only say what we want to hear, but also what we NEED to hear. We need someone who will challenge us to improve not only our work, but also ourselves.

Now I'm not saying that you should be hanging out with negatrons. (negative people) But we need people who will speak the truth with care.

I know that my wife is my biggest encourager, but I realized that she can also be my "valuable critic." 

When she points out something that I need to improve, I better listen. (note to self) 

Do you have a critic whom you can trust?


*If you find this post helpful, please like or share it too. Thanks!