MY 14-YEAR OLD SON IS NOW AN ENTREPRENEUR





When Trey was a lot younger, people would ask him "what do you wanna do when you grow up?" With his cute lisp he'd reply, "I yike my dad's work. I yike to be a businessman." That brought joy to me.

Even when Trey was growing up, it was natural for us to talk about business concepts whenever we're together.

Whether it's the food in a restaurant, the feature of a gadget, or the design/flow of a website – Trey and I would always discuss ways on how we can improve a certain product or service. We'd even come up with better ways it can be presented or sold. 

This was an exercise we'd always do for fun. But I didn't realize he was really taking it seriously. (Even I didn't expect that he'd become an entrepreneur this early.)




FUNDING HIS FIRST VENTURE
Every time that Trey would get his allowance or receive gifts from us or from his grand parents, he'd put away some money in the bank. The amount can be as little as P200 and to as much as P1,000. 

He didn't have a plan where to spend his money. At times, I would even suggest, "why don't you buy a PS3 or an XBox with the money that you've saved?" 

Trey would always say "No, it's ok. I'll just wait." 

A few months ago, he came up with a business idea – to print his own statement shirts. Coming from the Twitter generation, he would name his brand #HASHTAG. 

Trey would regularly bounce off his ideas to his very supportive mom and me. It became a trending topic during dinner. 

Until one day, he finally decided to do it.

He told me that he'll use his own money (his savings of P21,000) to fund his business. And at that moment, I knew he was serious.

So he went on to source the raw materials and visited a manufacturer that can bring his designs to life. 

His first factory visit

















"Design meeting" with supplier/manufacturer

After a week, Trey received the samples and wore the first Hashtag Shirt. That got him really excited about his new business. 

HASHTAG Clothing Co. Founder Trey Remulla with his First Shirt



As of this writing or update, he has about 7 shirt designs and has sold over 500 shirts in 4 months time. He has more than tripled his capital. He makes more than what a minimum wage worker earns. 

100% Cotton. Eco-Friendly. Lead free. Phthalate free. Eco-friendly paints. Machine washable. EXPORT QUALITY.














Logo at the Back

*Latest Design*  100% Cotton. Lead free. Phthalate free. Eco-friendly paints. Machine washable. EXPORT QUALITY.


#HASHTAG Clothing Co. is now officially online. You can check it out HERE. 

#HASHTAG Clothing Co. website 

Facebook Page: #Hashtag Clothing Co.

Ever since Trey started his business, he's been asking me a lot of questions. I can see him learning and enjoying it. I'm really proud of him.

Please visit his Online Store, like his Facebook Page or buy a shirt! 

I hope this will also encourage you that you're never too young (or never too old) to "Start Something."
~

Join me this Friday, May 31, 2013, for the START SOMETHING Book Launch in Powerbooks Greenbelt 4, Makati. 5:30pm–8:00pm. I'll be sharing a few tips on how you can start the work that you've been thinking about. 

If you're free to come, simply fill out this FORMMany thanks!