GET THE RIGHT DETAILS RIGHT





The last few days has been crazy productive. On top of running my real estate company and organizing training events, I've spent most of my time working on my second book. (Title to be announced soon!)

 NEW BOOK COMING SOON!

Here are two lessons I've learned this week:

1. You have to get the right details right.
You'll have to be able to distinguish a detail that matter from one that just slows you down. 

If you want to build a product that resonates with people, you will have to get the details that matter right. 

When publishing a book, this could mean picking the right colors for the book cover design so your book stands out when displayed on the bookstore shelf. Or it could mean using the right font size and spacing to ensure easy reading. 

The point is that you need to find out what matters to the people you are serving. 


2. To get the details right, you need to be with the right people.
I'm blessed to be surrounded by partners and friends who are talented, reliable and easy to work with.

For many nights now, I've been exchanging emails with my editor, Ms. May Palacpac. We'd bounce off emails back and forth just to get a single word right. Thanks to my editor. The book is now ready for printing.

I was in the printing/publishing office yesterday to finalize the book cover. Somehow, the printer didn't get the exact color right. Thanks to my graphic designer, Ms. Nix Gamboa, (with Janjan Arcenal) who immediately figured out how to get that detail right. 

On separate occasions, two of my friends, BG Hernandez (renowned creative director) and Maan Villanueva (graphic designer) also checked the layout of the book. They pointed out areas for improvement that I wouldn't notice otherwise.

While all of these were happening, my business partners, Bob Barcebal (Pinoy Sales Champ) and Kat Baylon (corp. trainer) took care of the details of the two learning events that we organized for May 2013 – Heart at Work EQ Workshop (May 17) and the book launch. (May 31)

I'm glad to be working with all of them. 

You don't have to do your work alone. Whatever you're working on today, surround yourself with the right people.

• • •

By the way, if you don't have a copy of my first book yet, you can read the reviews HERE. PRODUCTIVE PINOY is available at any National Bookstore or FullyBooked Branch. Thanks!


If you find this post helpful, please like or share it too. Thanks!