The Workable & The Impossible




Earlier today, I just finished my 25th one-on-one training session with my fitness coach. 

I never thought I'd last this long. 


















For the last 15 years, I've stayed away from anything that had to do with physical fitness. The heavy lifting I did was limited to the Macbook Air that I carried with me everyday. 

Due to health reasons, I decided to get in shape. 

I started last December 2012. Every morning, I'd go to the gym near where I live. I already considered 10 minutes on the treadmill a big achievement for me at that time. 

I also began to change what I ate. 

Two months later, I was able to see substantial results. But there was a problem: We were scheduled to go to the US for almost a month – A perfect excuse to eat whatever I wanted! "Enjoy the trip" as my friends would say. 

But I thought that if I'd take a break from my discipline, I'd lose my momentum. So I continued anyway regardless of where I was.


























That's me and my wife crossing the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco – a total of 5.4km. We'd wake up extra early just to go jogging. (San Francisco, LA and San Diego) 

We went running even if it was snowing!  (Lake Tahoe)

























After almost a month in the US and several In-N-Out burgers, I still managed to lose a pound when I got back in Manila. 




















Today, I've lost a total of 45 lbs. within a six month period. I'm in better shape than ever. 

I never thought I'd get this far.



















Some people will tell you to "just do the workable." The problem with that advice is that you don't know what's workable until you start doing whatever it is that you want to achieve.

Sometimes, all you need to do is to simply start. Then, who knows? It might lead you to do, not only the workable, but even what seems impossible.


P.S. So what else did I do to lose 45 lbs? (Warning: shameless plugging coming up) Please get a copy of my new book, Start Something. You can find the answer on page 85! Or you can ask me personally if you'll attend my next talk/event this coming July 12. See details Here!